Good grief, we’re hiring again! Our small team will be getting just a tiny bit less small. As we move from a wonderfully successful 2019 into an ambitious 2020, we’re looking to add a new role to our team: a Marketing Strategy Manager!
If you’re interested, read below for the full job description and details on how to apply.
Game If You Are is a small video games marketing agency that supports solo developers, small studios, and independent publishers. Our team is based all around the UK and has a track record of devising and delivering exceptional, highly strategic and bespoke marketing services to an array of small games businesses around the world.
We’re looking for a talented, inventive, confident marketing professional to join our team as our first Marketing Strategy Manager.
As Marketing Strategy Manager, you’ll be responsible for the ideation and documentation of marketing strategies for our clients, and you’ll play a key role in ensuring they are executed to the highest possible standard. You’ll collaborate closely with the developers themselves to devise well-researched and impactful marketing plans; then, you’ll work with our campaign management team to ensure these plans are delivered in line with the shared vision between you, our clients, and the Game If You Are team.
With an up-to-date knowledge of both the marketing and video game sectors, and the ability to think ahead of the curve across two rapidly-moving fields, our Marketing Strategy Manager will play a decisive role in both the success of our clients’ businesses and the growth of our own, and be a primary public- and client-facing representative of Game If You Are.
The ideal candidate will be based in the UK and seeking full-time employment, although candidates outside the UK who are able to keep UK business hours will be considered for a freelance contractual role. In any case this will be a remote-working role.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in the marketing or communications sector
- A fluent and up-to-date knowledge of the video games sector across all platforms, especially indie games
- Awareness and working knowledge of a broad range of marketing subsets including PR, influencer marketing, social and community, events, digital advertising etc.
- Experience working directly with clients or other external stakeholders, including presentations, chairing meetings, report-writing etc
- Experience leading (or significantly contributing to) the development of marketing strategy
- A flexible and open-minded approach to marketing, with the ability to work creatively within limited budgets
- Experience setting, measuring, and working toward targets and key performance indicators
- Impeccable presentational skills, with the ability to write and craft compelling client-facing materials
- Superb communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely present a vision to clients whose marketing knowledge ranges from ‘seasoned expert’ to ‘complete novice’
- Experience leading or managing small teams
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Experience working in marketing specifically for a video game company or on video game accounts at an agency
- Work collaboratively with clients and the internal Game If You Are team to devise, propose, and document marketing strategies
- Market research activities – including market and competitor analysis, running surveys and focus groups, commissioning mock reviews etc
- Lead internal strategy meetings with the campaign management team and client services lead, collaborating to create inventive practical marketing solutions for our clients
- Regularly review each client’s marketing strategy and recommend ways to evolve and improve our campaigns
- Create and present marketing strategy proposals to clients and attain their buy-in
- Set, and monitor progress against, targets and key performance indicators
- Work alongside the client services lead to ensure client marketing strategies are delivered per your expectations by the assigned campaign manager
£28,000 – £32,000
- Work from home, or anywhere with a computer and a stable internet connection
- Generous annual leave allowance: 20 days bookable, 8 bank holidays, and between 1 and 2 weeks extra leave over Christmas and New Year
- Flexibility around medical appointments, caring for dependents, etc.
How To Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Marketing Strategy Manager. Emails with any other subject line will be lost to the email void.
- An up-to-date copy of your CV
- A covering email, giving examples of how you meet the essential and any desirable criteria listed in this job description
Closing date: Friday 13th December 2019. Hope you’re not superstitious!
- No recruiters! We know, you’re just doing your job, but we can’t work with you on this hire. No exceptions.
- We expect to contact shortlisted candidates on Monday 16th December. Regrettably, due to the volume of applications we expect to receive, we won’t be able to reply to unsuccessful candidates prior to shortlisting stage. If you haven’t heard from us by 20th December, please assume your application has not been successful.