PR and Marketing Specialist
We’re looking for a PR and Marketing Specialist to become a key member of our collective of skilled freelance professionals, and promote and publicise a range of exciting video games.
Game If You Are is a small consultancy that specialises in indie game PR and marketing. We work holistically across media and influencer relations, marketing strategy, and game consultation to provide exceptional results to our small games industry clients, at a price that works for indie studios.
The successful candidate will work closely with the consultancy’s founder, taking ownership of key campaign initiatives. Responsibilities will include media relationship management, copywriting, reporting and analysis – plus business development, client relationship management and certain administrative duties where required.
You will be a confident communicator with impeccable interpersonal and writing skills, plus a knowledge and understanding of the games media landscape. We’re open to speaking with a range of people from an editorial, PR, marketing or influencer background – although an existing book of media and influencer contacts is a bonus, as is wider marketing experience across the social and digital space.
The role is a part-time freelance position with flexible hours and working patterns. It would be ideal for a PR or marketing contractor looking to take on some extra work, or a games media professional looking to take a step into PR.
- Develop media packs, write press releases and construct media pitches
- Manage media relationships
- Collect, analyse and report on PR and marketing data
- Contribute to the development of promotional strategies
- Assist with digital marketing and community management tasks
- Some client relationship management where required
- Some biz dev, administrative and operational assistance where required
- Experience in video games sector, in a PR, marketing or editorial role
- Excellent knowledge of the video game sector, with a particular focus on indie games
- Excellent knowledge of the gaming media across print, online editorial, and online video
- A proactive, initiative-led approach to your work
- Preferably, an existing set of relevant media/influencer contacts
- Preferably, experience in one or more of social/community, digital advertising and analytics
- An estimated 10-20 hours per week to contribute, preferably (although not essentially) during UK working hours
Rate of pay dependent on experience – budget between £500 and £1,500 per month. To apply, please send your CV and a covering note to lewis[at]gameifyouare[dot]com with the subject line ‘PR and Marketing Specialist’. Applications close at 5PM BST on Friday 4 August, 2017.