Junior Community & Social Media Manager
Position type: Part-time, freelance
Hours: 7-10 per week
Pay range: £300-400 per month
Location: Anywhere (UK time zone preferred — work from home)
Game If You Are is an indie game PR and marketing consultancy. We’re looking to take on a part-time Junior Community & Social Media Manager, initially on a three-month freelance contract. We’re looking for someone to start ASAP.
Working closely with our Campaign Manager, you’ll be responsible for planning and creating social and community content on behalf of the indie game developers we work with, as well as interacting with and fostering strong communities around their games.
An in-depth knowledge of indie games and associated communities is essential, as is a superb command of written English, including the ability to write on-brand content in the right tone and register. You’ll also need to be highly familiar with a range of social platforms — including their features and typical audiences — with a particular focus on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Access to a decent PC, capable of playing modest indie games on high settings for image and video capture, is a must. Video editing experience is a real bonus.
This role would be perfect for a recent marketing graduate, a social-savvy gamer, or an existing community management freelancer looking for some extra work. You’ll need to be available for collaborative work during UK working hours on at least three days per week (Tues-Thurs) although there is flexibility on when most of the work is performed.
- Superb knowledge of the indie games scene — a passionate indie enthusiast!
- Flawless familiarity with social platforms, especially Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- An understanding of communities and what makes them tick
- 7-10 hours of free time each week, focused around UK working hours
- Prior social media/community management experience OR a relevant qualification (e.g. PR or marketing degree)
- The ability to capture high-quality images/video from indie games, and basic image editing ability
- Preferably, experience in video editing
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com with the subject line ‘Junior Community & Social Media Manager’. Please include:
- A brief description of why you feel you would be a good fit for the role, based on the above description and requirements
- Your CV as an attachment
Please note that, due to the volume of applications we expect to receive, we can only reply to shortlisted candidates.