Want to be our new
Head of Client Marketing?
Advert date: 9th November 2021 // Closing date: 3rd December 2021
We’re looking to recruit an experienced client-facing marketing manager to lead and develop service delivery at our growing indie game marketing agency.
Game If You Are develops and executes marketing strategies and campaigns for a range of small-to-medium-sized video game developers and publishers. We’re a self-funded start-up that is currently undergoing a period of organic growth and change. Having started out as a two-person consultancy, in just a few short years and without external investment we’ve developed into a full-service agency with an eight-strong team.
As our business matures and evolves, we need an ambitious and experienced leader to take our marketing service to the next level.
Diversity & Inclusion: We are constantly looking to improve the diversity of our team, and believe passionately in the value of different backgrounds, cultures, and life experiences. If you don’t see many people like you working in similar roles, we’d especially love to hear from you.
What you'll do.
You’ll head up a team of marketers, overseeing a variety of projects and retainers, while proactively seeking ways to improve the quality, versatility, efficiency and effectiveness of the campaigns we deliver to our clients – driving toward exemplary results and ensuring impeccable client satisfaction.
Since we are an evolving start-up, your role will be diverse and has scope to mature with the company as it grows.
Short-to-medium-term, your priorities will likely involve supporting our team in day-to-day marketing planning and delivery – bringing your experience and expertise to strategy development, client relationship management, and best practice in execution, while also contributing to new business development.
Longer-term, you’ll play a key role in shaping the future of our service offering and the operational structure of our agency team.
Our ideal candidate.
- Several years’ experience working in a managerial or leadership role in marketing or PR
- Experience working agency-side, planning and delivering campaigns for clients
- Excellent, up-to-date knowledge of the video games sector, especially indie games
- Knowledge of a wide range of marketing disciplines, including emerging platforms
- Experience working with a range of different client types – from micro-businesses to corporate enterprises
- Experience developing the skills and confidence of junior staff and turning them into high-performing teams
- Demonstrable experience of creating significant reach and engagement for previously little-known games studios
- A self-starter with entrepreneurial drive and spirit
- Start-up mentality – comfortable thinking strategically while also getting your hands dirty
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to lead and motivate others
- Comfortable being a key public face and representative of the company
- Creative and strategic, with a desire to push boundaries and innovate
- Methodical, reliable, accountable
- A passion for ‘helping the little guy’ – motivated by achieving results for small businesses
What you'll get.
£40,000 – £60,000 per year, depending on experience. The exact nature of the role (including responsibilities and expectations) may differ depending on the experience of our chosen candidate.
No commute! We foresee this position as permanently remote-working. Aside from some required travel for events, you can work from home / the beach / anywhere with an internet connection. However, the role is open to UK-based candidates only.
Generous annual leave allowance! Two weeks off over Christmas and New Year, plus all bank holidays, plus 20 days’ accruable bookable holiday each year.
A culture that prioritises work/life balance, where working more than 40 hours a week is the exception, not the rule.
Equal parental leave for all new parents or adoptive parents, with 14 weeks at full pay.
Performance-based bonus structure paid out at the end of each year (subject to minimum 12 months in post).
Opportunity for flexible working arrangements.
How to apply.
Send your CV and a short covering email to email@example.com, using the subject line ‘Head of Client Marketing application’. Briefly explain to us why you think you’re the perfect candidate for this role.
Applications close on 3rd December 2021 at 5pm GMT. An initial round of interviews will take place 1-2 weeks later, with a second round to follow for successful candidates.
Please note that, due to the volume of applications we expect to receive, we can only respond to shortlisted candidates. Sorry!
Sorry, but we do not work with recruiters.