Want to be our new
Business & Operations Manager?
Advert date: 15 February 2022 // Closing date: 11 March 2022
Game If You Are is a leading full-service marketing agency, dedicated to small-to-medium-sized video games companies. Fiercely passionate about the indie game scene, we design and deliver innovative and impactful campaigns – at a price that makes sense for solo developers, small studios and micro-publishers.
Over the past couple of years, we’ve worked with some of the most exciting names in the indie game space – such as tinyBuild, Bossa Studios, and Armor Games Studios – as our agency continues to grow and evolve.
After five successful years, Game If You Are is now moving out of its start-up phase and looking to mature its operational infrastructure and processes. As such, we’re looking for a Business & Operations Manager to take ownership of a wide range of operational and administrative responsibilities. This is a newly created position with a wide remit; our ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of business and the ability to work across a range of disciplines, with the goal of facilitating the smooth and effective running of our agency on a day-to-day basis.
Diversity & Inclusion: We are constantly looking to improve the diversity of our team, and believe passionately in the value of different backgrounds, cultures, and life experiences. If you don’t see many people like you working in similar roles, we’d especially love to hear from you.
- Manage the implementation of company initiatives and business plans
- Develop, implement and maintain efficient company processes
- Liaise with other managers to ensure good data collection, analysis and insights
- Work closely with our partners in legal and accounting
- Assist with financial management, planning, budgeting and forecasting – as well as processing invoices and making payments
- Assist with the company’s new business process – qualifying new leads, processing contracts, and tracking outcomes
- Maintain employee files and assist with HR matters
- Act as a key point of contact for business-related enquiries from clients and partners
- Provide general administrative support to the Managing Director and other senior managers
We're looking for...
- Unfailingly reliable, with exemplary organisational skills
- Superb attention to detail, capable of spotting the little things everyone else misses
- Working knowledge of the requirements and responsibilities of limited companies in England and Wales (including financial, legal and HR)
- Capable of reading your way around a commercial contract (you don’t need to be a lawyer, but you do need to know the right questions to ask)
- Experience managing and reporting on budgets or P&L sheets
- A fast learner, quick to pick up new skills, learn processes and systems
- Driven and determined, with the ability to execute at pace without compromising quality
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable communicating with anyone from entry to C-suite level
- …you have experience in similar roles for companies of a similar size and/or within the agency sector
- …you have a qualification in or significant experience of project management
- …you have a business degree or relevant professional qualification
- …you love video games!
What you'll get.
Salary of £30,000 – £35,000, depending on experience.
No commute! Work from home / the beach / anywhere with an internet connection.
Generous annual leave allowance! Two weeks off over Christmas and New Year, plus all bank holidays, plus 20 days’ accruable bookable holiday each year.
Actually reasonable work/life balance! We have a policy of avoiding overtime wherever possible, and always offer time off in lieu on the infrequent occasions where overtime is required.
Equal parental leave for all new parents or adoptive parents, with 14 weeks at full pay.
Fortnightly virtual coffee mornings! We have a lazy start every other Wednesday to chill out and catch up ahead of the working day.
Forge your own path in a dynamic and ever-changing start-up, with tailored support to help you achieve your career goals!
How to apply.
Email email@example.com with the subject line Business & Operations Manager Application.
Please read the full job specification here before applying.
In your application email, please include both:
- An up-to-date copy of your CV
- A few paragraphs explaining why this role interests you and the main reasons you think you’d be a good fit
Applications that do not include both of the above will not be considered.
The closing date is Friday 11th March 2022 although we reserve the right to close the position earlier in the event that we have received a sufficient number of applications from qualified candidates. Interviews will be held via video conference.
Please note that we do not work with recruiters or recruitment agencies.
If you would like to discuss the role with Game If You Are prior to making a formal application, please contact Lewis Denby – firstname.lastname@example.org